David is a CPA and is also the principal of Smith Patrick LLC, a full service accounting firm service both private clients and small businesses.
David Smith holds a BS in Engineering from Purdue University and an MBA in Finance from Indiana University. After spending several years in the manufacturing industry that took him around the world, David decided to pursue his interests in Finance. David spent a year with Edward Jones Investments as a series 7 licensed investment representative.
Following his short time with Edward Jones, David returned to his roots and joined the family accounting business. Since joining the firm in 2004 David has helped to significantly increase business by helping clients better understand their numbers.
While he’s not preparing tax returns or working with businesses, David enjoys racking up the miles on his bicycle. David is an active participant in amateur level cycling events throughout the Midwest.
- Graduate of Purdue University with a degree in Materials Engineering
- Graduate of Indiana University with a Masters degree in Finance
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in Missouri
- Completed the second level of the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) program.
- Currently serving on the board of directors of Lighthouse for the Blind
- Experience in business and personal financial planning and audit services for government, industry and non-profit organizations.